Welcome to Braces Singapore, which provides the detailed information about braces.
A lot of people who are thinking about getting braces are experienced with a Pandora’s Box of concerns which range from costs, to what type of braces suits them the best.
Many adults are taking the further step and having dental braces in Singapore nowadays, not only for children and teenagers anymore.
Whether to fix the long standing dental issues like damaged, worn or decayed teeth or maybe you just want to improve your overall look, there are plenty of advancements and improvements in the field of dentistry and orthodontics nowadays, getting braces is a solution for everyone.
Also, there are a lot of new solutions offered for people of every age group to get their teeth fixed, providing them not just a gorgeous smile, but also the overall health benefits that go together with a correct bite and straight teeth.
An Introduction of Braces Singapore
Orthodontic braces are created to fix jagged teeth, and that is what most of the people bring to mind when braces are talked about.
- By using the brackets and archwire to pull the teeth into the right positions, so that the wires and teeth get tightened as time passes, it’s easy to ease teeth into the new and good positions progressively.
- It can take quite a long time, most of the cases take years. However the lasting results are worth it.
- Usually braces are used on children or teenagers because their teeth are still growing.
Not just the braces can improve your appearance, but also fix a lot of dental issues which can be caused by having an overbite or jagged teeth.
Issues like premature wear, can’t be reached to clean the area of tooth decay, occlusions, jaw imbalance, crowded teeth and other dental problems can all be fixed by braces, which are being used since the time of Classical Athens.
Perhaps the ancient Greeks realized that straight teeth weren’t only a lot more beautiful, but also improved health!
50% of Patients Who needs Braces in Singapore are Adults
Braces have a very misconception of being just for children for some explanations.
A long time ago, everyone believed that it was only possible to improve the position of teeth and fix dental issues with braces when a person was young, and their teeth were still maturing and growing.
This has since been proven to be wrong, with the fact being that, even fully developed teeth can be relocated, and bone growth can carry on, assisting to keep adjusted teeth in their much more appropriate position.
- As how inconvenient and unattractive braces used to be, there weren’t many adults like to use them.
- Braces were considered not comfortable for those who works 9 to 5 as they have to meet a lot of people, overall appearance is crucial to them.
- Most of them decided just to leave their teeth the way they were.
It could take more time for adult teeth to ease into the right positions, requiring adults to use the dental braces longer than children and teenagers, but it still provides more benefits than the negative aspects.
Braces Prices in Singapore
Braces Singapore prices from the previous were quite high when compared to proper treatments today.
This is certainly yet another reason why a lot of adults have never taken care of their dental issues, particularly if there were kids in the family who required braces.
- Regardless of the excellent improvements in orthodontics during the last 20 years, the cost of dental braces in Singapore hasn’t gone up very much at all.
- While you will find a broad range of price based on the type of braces and the treatment, braces prices in Singapore today could cost between SGD3,000 to SGD10,000 for most of the people.
- This may not be that much of an increase because 20 years ago braces can cost up to $3,000, which was very expensive to a lot of people!
|Public Institutions||Average Fee (SGD)|
|Khoo Teck Puat Hospital||3,600 to 4,200|
|Jurong Medical Centre||3,600 to 4,100|
|Tan Tock Seng Hospital||3,500 to 4,500|
|National University Hospital||3,500 to 4,500|
|National Dental Centre||3,330 to 4,870|
|Changi General Hospital||3,000 to 4,500|
|Alexandra Hospital||3,600 to 4,100|
Should I Go Private Dental Clinic?
If you’re able to afford it, we suggest you go private dental clinic.
The benefits are that additional time your dental can be spent with you, to get to know you and your dental problems, and you can take advantage of the better materials and treatments.
Of course, just because a dentist is private does not always mean they are excellent, thus, research prices and get recommendations from colleagues, friends, and family, or the internet.
- There are big differences in the costs, which private dental clinics charge for the treatment, look for their price list. Therefore, you can compare and make decision.
- A few of the differences can be explained by the area they located, but even inside the same location, price can be difference a lot too.
- A lot of private insurance plans cover these dental treatments because they comprehend the possible risks of dental issues.
- Most of the private dental clinics in Singapore provide installment plans too, to assist every person out there have the dental braces they need.
|Private Dental Clinics||Average Price (SGD)|
|WH Dental Surgeons||3,500++|
|Universal Dental Centre||4,600 to 6,800|
|TLC Dental Centre||4,000++|
|The Orthodontic Centre||5,000 to 6,800|
|Taman Jurong Dental Centre - FDC||4,600 to 6,800|
|Scotts Dental Centre||4,500|
|Phoenix Dental Surgery||4,000 to 6,000|
|Orange Dental Clinic||4,500|
|L Q Dental Pte Ltd||6,200|
|Implantdontics Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry||5,350 to 10,700|
|HarbourPoint Dental Centre - FDC||4,600 to 6,800|
|Glittz Smile Dental Surgery||4,600 to 6,800|
|Faith Dental Surgery||2,000 to 4,500|
|Coast Dental||4,012 to 4,504|
|Burlinson Dental Surgery||4,800 to 7,500|
|Amoy Street Dental||4,000++|
|A Line Dental Braces Clinic Pte Ltd||3,759|
Understanding the Components of Braces
As you already know, braces can force your teeth to move slowly to the correct position in an extended period. The teeth bones will also change and adapt to the pressure and movement.
The typical braces consist of the following key components:
- Brackets along the wire as a barrier in front of each tooth, which aims to make the teeth be aligned.
- These brackets is made of Steel, Titanium, Polycarbonate, Ceramic or Colored Plastic.
- Bands that made of steel or titanium wrap and surround your teeth.
- Colorful or transparent bands are more expensive than the common one.
- It is a connector between one bracket to another on each tooth.
- However, not all patients need to use orthodontic bands.
- Archwire can unite all of the brackets and direct the tooth movement.
- It attaches to the brackets and bind like a rubber band.
- It is made of nickel, copper, or titanium.
- These materials are more elastic and flexible than steel, making it easier to adjust.
Types of Braces in Singapore
Colored and Clear Braces are more expensive than the common one, but they are preferred by most of the teenagers and adults nowadays.
The following are the type of braces you can find in Singapore:
- They consist of brackets which attach to each tooth and connected to each other by a wire.
- They are the most common braces that used by many dental institution.
- They can be used to fix the dental problems or to prevent some particular issues that may occur in the future.
- They are generally easily spotted because they are made of metal.
- Some of the dental institutes may offer brackets that made of ceramic or plastic, which are not easily to be observed, but higher in price.
- You can find more information about the traditional braces here.
- This type of braces is commonly used to fix dental problems such as crooked teeth.
- They can be easily removed when you need to clean your mouth or brush your teeth.
- You may want to read more about Invisilign, a very famous clear braces available in the market.
- A pair of removable plastic wire that placed on the top and bottom of your teeth.
- They can be used to find out the problem such as the position of your upper and lower jaw are not aligned with your upper and lower teeth.
- In order to bring maximum benefit, they should be used all the time, only removed when eating and cleaning.
- A device that connects to the braces and placed on the head to adjust the your teeth.
- Users can not eat or drink when wearing headgear.
- Usually these devices are used during the night or only a few hours.
- They are commonly used near to the end of your dental treatment.
- They are serves to stabilize the new position of the teeth, gums and bones, prevent your teeth back to the previous position.
- They can be permanent or removable.
- Tooth position will continue to change over time as a natural process, retainer may be used only a few hours in a day.
- They are not visible to anyone as they are placed behind your teeth.
- This type of braces can cost more than other types.
How to Stop Braces Pain?
During the first week of your braces treatment, you will feel pain; that could be very annoying. The pain is usually caused by the movement in the position of your teeth and jaw.
- Pain Killer can help relieving braces pain if necessary.
- You could also try gargling with a spoonful of salt that dissolved in warm water.
- You should consult dentist if the pain became unbearable.
Thanks for reading Braces Singapore, below are the most popular types of braces, learn more about every type of them, compare their prices, benefits and make a final decision.
In case you would like to getting braces rather than those regular one, then this post will probably be helpful. What I’m saying is, in the remaining articles, I’ll be showing a few of the benefits of Damon braces. I’m able to sense the uncertainties...read more
As opposed to other kinds of braces, Damon braces use unique clips, it is more advanced than other braces, because they have a better rate and are more at ease than other kinds of braces. An important thing to note about Damon braces is the way they are created. These...read more
Damon braces are the latest substitute for regular braces which provide several positive aspects over other braces options, for example, self-ligating brackets that don’t need a movable component to support the wire in place. Simply put, you will find a...read more
The regular cost of ceramic braces begins from SGD 3,000 and may also get higher to SGD 5,000. The price of ceramic braces are completely depending on the complexes of the procedure needed. Ceramic braces would be the quite expensive braces when compared with other...read more
Ceramic braces are probably the latest released dental braces which have developed a completely new and fascination across the world of the field of dentistry by its numerous features in comparison with traditinal braces. These types of braces are mainly consisting of...read more
One most desired and different type of dental braces which you can take advantage of for serious orthodontic task is ceramic braces. The value of ceramic brackets in orthodontics is actually inevitable. Although ceramic braces simply deliver the results like all other...read more
During the initial inspection of the braces procedure, your dentist will detect the problems that may require treatment with braces, here is the standard braces procedure in Singapore, you will undergo further tests with the following general steps: Braces Procedure...read more
Overbite are always very bothersome, because not just look no good, but also can affect your dental health. Do you wish to have the perfect looking teeth? Which are free from the overbite, and also got more confident. If your answer is yes, please continuous reading....read more
Having the braces installed on your teeth is painful, as the teeth aren’t used to having wires attached and brackets. The wires and brackets are used for aligning your teeth. Every month when you visit your dentist for the normal check up, your dentist will...read more
You probably aware that you should getting braces on your teeth, so that you can straighten them out and obtain the best smile. But what is stopping you moving forward is the braces cost. Never give up hope as there are methods in which you can carry on, to get the...read more
In this Inman Aligner review, a Q&A style review will be listing, which is designed for the readers who maybe learning about Inman Aligner the very first time. In most of the country, Inman Aligner is recommended by dentists, when compared to other orthodontic...read more
Inman Aligner cost can be fluctuated depending on the specific demands of the treatment, for instance the frequency of one to one consultation carried out with your dentist. Nevertheless, the preliminary consultation with your dentist also needs to provide you with...read more
Inman Aligner is the kind of new technology which focus on the cosmetic aspect of using the orthodontic system. This advanced orthodontic treatment were announced over a couple of years and performed really well. It has already replaced a huge share of the market of...read more
During the past, if you wished to have an ideal, straight teeth, you might need to suffer through common metal braces, which may include rubber bands, headgear as well as other unattractive parts in some cases. Nowadays, a growing number of patients are going for...read more
One of several significant factors that a lot of people wonder, about how much does Invisalign cost in Singapore? Although this can be a more recent technology for altering the actual teeth alignment, it could still be a very affordable one. The important thing here...read more
Braces and Invisalign are basically instruments to help you to get rid of jagged teeth. All Invisalign are braces but not every braces are Invisalign, both of them are 2 sides of the same coin. Summary of Traditional Metal Braces Braces are put on the teeth to help...read more